I’m always looking for new Shaun or Shea-centric fanfics to write, and I’d love to hear more ideas from fans as to what they’d want to see written. Leave me a comment below to tell me all your favourite prompts, and I’ll see what I can do!
My previous The Good Doctor stories are posted on AO3.
What I’m happy to write
- Canon-compliant stories that are either Shaun-centric or Shaun/Lea-centric (but can involve other canon characters as well)
- Gap-filler or missing scene fics
- Stories that revolve around relationships and friendship
- Medical details or hospital stuff to a degree, I’m no stranger to medicine but not an actual MD
- Angst and h/c are my go-tos if I’m being quite honest, but I’m fairly open to writing other things as well
What I won’t write
- Explicit, NC-17 or kinky things
- Anything that strays too much from canon and likely backstories
- Real person fic (huge nope on this)
- Author or reader-insert fics
Please note that English is not my native language, but I’ve been told my grasp of the language is pretty decent, and The Good Doctor is not my first foray into fan fiction (by a long shot).
Prompt by BygoneEra on AO3
If there’s a request I would ask of you, it would be to write about the time between I LOVE YOU and FRONTLINE PART 1. How did Shea go from friends to BF/GF and how did they deal with the harsh and hurtful words spewed to each other in FIXATION and HEARTBREAK?
Status: Filled — “It’s Always Darkest Before The Dawn”
Prompt by guest 06 on AO3
Since Shaun seems to have this recurring insecurity that seems to get triggered out every couple of years, now that Shaun and Lea are about to actually be a family, how about writing something where Shaun’s issues bubble up to the surface (maybe a patient who built a whole life only to end up alone eventually… and in Shaun’s eyes inevitably)
It would be interesting to see Lea being there for him and for them to have a talk about family past and future and how the past can effect the future. Plus I also really need someone to tell Shaun not all his big feelings are ASD. His condition gets blamed a lot for his poor coping skills, but I think being scared of rejection and abandonment also play a key part in how he functions (at least sometimes)
Status: Filled — “Regrets Collect Like Old Friends”
Prompt by JingaMinga on AO3
My idea for a fan fiction is maybe the filler episodes in Trampoline Season 2 Episodes 18 because there’s a lot a missing scenes.
Prompt by Thaís Santos on AO3
Could you describe the vision of him losing the baby [in 4×16], it would be interesting, or maybe even adding to the episode he yelled at Lea’s mother! The feelings were intense in both (Lea and Shaun).